Contact lists can be imported straight into ScreeningRoom and PressWeb with just a little preparation.
Before you begin:
- A welcome mail will be sent out when you import contacts to PressWeb.
- Only one email address will be imported, if any duplicates.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you when the import is done.
To import your contacts from a file make sure to use a CSV. It is a comma-separated values file that can be created and managed with most spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets.
1. Begin import
Enter Dashboard, open the Tool to where you want to import users and click 'Contacts/Users' in the left side menu. Enter the second tab 'Users', select 'Actions' to the upper right side and choose 'Import users'.
2. Import users step-by-step
Step 1. Choose how to import users, by ‘Import’ or by ‘Copy/paste’.
- Import means uploading a CSV file.
- Copy/paste means copying/pasting user details from a file.
Step 2. Start the import of data.
- If you have chosen Copy/paste from file – paste the email addresses that you wish to import.
- If you have chosen Import CSV file – click on the Choose file button and select the file you want to import. Click ‘Next’.
Step 3. Map your file data into the contact fields by drag and drop to the matching box on the right. Click ‘Next’.
Step 4. Select a group to import users to.
Step 5. Finally, click on the ‘Import’ button. Note! Importing contacts to PressWeb an invitation email is automatically sent out.
3. Confirmation of a successful import
A confirmation email is sent to you as soon as all users have been added.